Download your: Easter Window Competition Entry Form 2017
Easter is rapidly approaching and this year the Fremantle BID would like to help you attract more visitors to your store, to help increase your sales and marketing opportunities.
One of the opportunities we are providing is an Easter Window Competition. Our aim is for Fremantle to become a “must visit” destination because of its beautiful, fun and/or quirky window displays and we need your help to create some magic.
As with our recent Christmas Window competition, we’re offering you some great prizes to get you motivated (in case extra eyes on your business isn’t enough motivation!).
The BID will post a list of participating businesses on our website and social media platforms, and will be posting photos of the best windows on social media throughout April.
The top 20 windows as voted by our judges will also be included on a map that will be available via Fremantle Story. Any kind of business that has a window in Fremantle is encouraged to take part – you don’t necessarily have to be a retail store.
Prizes and categories:
- Best Individual Business – Digital marketing package from Mad Hat Media valued at $2000.
- Best Street – A full page Fremantle Herald Advertisement to jointly advertise the participating businesses (i.e those businesses that entered the competition by submitting an entry form and fully decorating their windows). Valued at $3000
- People’s Choice – $200 Hamper from the Signatures of Australia.
This means that while you’ll want to make your business stand out, it’s also important to work with your neighbours and to involve your customers and social media followers so they vote for you in the People’s Choice Award.
If you need inspiration, you can check out our Easter Windows board on Pinterest for some great ideas.
How to enter:
To enter the competition and be included in the list of participating businesses you must complete the entry form and return it to the Fremantle BID office by 4pm, Friday 31 March. Your window display must be complete by Monday, 3 April as judging for the Best Street and Best Individual Window will take place on that day.
Please note – photos will be taken on Monday, 3 April for the People’s Choice Voting Competition so if your window is not complete by that day, your business will not be eligible for the People’s Choice Award.
The winners of the Best Street and Best Individual Window will be announced in The Fremantle Herald on 14 April 2017. The winners of the Best Street Prize will be featured in a full page advertisement on 28 April 2017.
People’s Choice Voting will take place via the Fremantle BID Facebook page. Voting will open on Tuesday 11 April and close on Friday, 21 April 2017. The winner will be announced on 28 April 2017 in the Fremantle Herald and on the Fremantle BID Facebook and Instagram pages.
Any queries regarding the Easter Window Competition may be directed to the Fremantle Business Improvement District Company (Fremantle BID) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
- To enter the competition and be included on the list of participating businesses on the Fremantle BID website, an entry form must be completed and returned to Fremantle BID by 4pm, Friday 31 March 2017.
- All windows must be completed by 10am, Monday 3 April 2017.
- There are three prize categories:
- Best Street – The judging panel will decide which street in the Fremantle BID area has the best Easter themed windows on Tuesday, 4 April 2017. This may be determined on the basis of the proportion of businesses in the street that have participated, the originality or consistency of the window displays, or any other factors. Only businesses that have submitted an entry form will be considered. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Best Individual Window – The judging panel will view the windows of businesses for which an entry form has been received and will determine the winner of this category on Tuesday, 4 April 2017. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- People’s Choice Award – To be considered for this award, you must submit an entry form to Fremantle BID and have your window complete by 10am on Monday, 3 April 2017 so that it can be photographed. Photos of the eligible window displays will be placed on the Fremantle BID Facebook page and members of the public will be encouraged to vote for their favourite windows. The business which receives the most votes will be declared the winner of this award. In the event that two or more businesses receive an equal number of votes, the winner will be determined by a random draw using Randompicker.com. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Best Individual Window and Best Street awards will be judged on Tuesday, 4 April 2017. The winners of these categories will be announced in the Fremantle Herald and on Fremantle BID Facebook and Instagram pages on 14 April 2017.
- Photographs of entrants’ windows will be taken on Monday, 3 April 2017 for inclusion in the People’s Choice voting. Windows that are not complete by 10am on that day will not be eligible for prizes.
- Voting for the People’s Choice category will take place on Facebook and will close at 3pm on Friday 21 April. The winner will be announced on 28 April in the Fremantle Herald and on the Fremantle BID Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- The prizes are:
- Best Street – A full page Fremantle Herald Advertisement to jointly advertise the participating businesses (i.e those businesses that entered the competition by submitting an entry form and decorating their windows). Valued at $3000
- Best Individual Window – A digital marketing package from Mad Hat Media valued at $2000, which includes:
- One initial marketing strategy session – review current marketing set up and identify new opportunities
- Website review including recommendations for improvement
- One Facebook and LinkedIn workshop (2 hr classes for up to 3 people)
- Social media strategy delivery (for 1 month), including:
- content creation
- graphic design
- community management
- Local SEO update including a review of online business listings and recommendations for improvement.
- This package will be tailored to the needs of your business so inclusions may vary slightly depending on needs identified in the initial marketing strategy session.
- People’s Choice Award – $200 Hamper from Signatures of Australia.
- Employees, directors, contractors and agents of the Fremantle BID and their businesses are ineligible to enter the competition.