Chief Executive Officer
(Part-time position 22.5 hours per week contracted to 30 June 2018)
The Fremantle Business Improvement District (BID) was established in 2013 and was the first BID in Western Australia.
As an independent, not-for-profit company, the Fremantle BID operates on behalf of its members – the Fremantle CBD businesses and property owners – to improve the business environment. The BID takes a collaborative leadership approach to activation to build the economic wellbeing of the CBD.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to lead and manage proactively, be self-motivated and able to formulate and drive ideas with a ‘can-do’ attitude. The candidate will preferably be well connected, respected and influential in the Fremantle community.
This position reports to a Board of Directors.
Salary range: $50,000 – $55,000 (to be negotiated)
- Strong oral communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to manage and work within a small team – including Board members.
- Governance and budget/finance management skills
- Report and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with a range of different stakeholders including contractors, retailers, business owners, developers and government organisations and agencies
- Relevant degree
- Financial knowledge
- Retail background
- Marketing and customer service skills and experience
- Broad knowledge and experience in the Fremantle community/business
- Experience reporting to a Board
- Fund raising and grant experience